1. Sarojini Market
The Sarojini Market in Delhi is every woman’s dream place for shopping. The market is known for its first copy designer wear and accessories. You get home appliances here as well as electronic goods.
- Address – Sarojini Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110023
- Timings – 10:00AM to 9:00PM Open on all days of the week except Monday
- What to buy – Apparel, accessories, household items, kitchenware, electronic products
- Price Range – Starting from INR 50-1500
2. Janpath Market
This market is one of the most popular shopping destinations in India. At the Janpath market you will find a lot of products ranging from Tibetan good to typical Gujarati sarees, a variety of cloth, shoes, junk jewellery, and much more.
- Address – Janpath Rd, Janpath, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110001
- Timings – 10 AM to 9 PM from Monday to Saturday and 11 AM to 8 PM on Sundays.
- What to buy – Artificial jewellery, Western wear, footwear, antiques, handicrafts, paintings and leather items.
- Price range – Commodities start from INR 150 and range up to INR 1500 here.
3. Chandni Chowk
handni Chowk, one of the oldest shopping areas of Delhi, is popular till date. Shopping here is synonymous with going back in time and experiencing Delhi’s rich history as you walk through the narrow streets lined with shops of colour. From books to wedding lehengas, there is a section each allotted for various shopping materials and is one of most well known cheapest places to shop in Delhi. The shopping hubs of Chandni Chowk are Nai Sadak, Dariba Kalan, Chawri Bazar, Bhagirathi Palace, Katra Neel, Moti Bazaar and more. And while you’re here don’t forget to gorge on some delicious street food.
- Address – 2573, Nai Sarak, Raghu Ganj, Roshanpura, Old Delhi, New Delhi, Delhi 110006
- Timings – Open all the days of the week except Sunday from 10 AM
- What to buy – Embroidered bags, semi-precious jewelry, silk and cotton clothes, books, Wedding lehengas and electronic products.
- Price Range – INR 500 to INR 1500 for small commodities. Lehenga prices start from INR 3000
4. Dilli Haat
An initiative by the Delhi government, Delhi Haat is a shopping market for traditional clothing and handicraft items. Designed to look like a traditional village market, the stores here are set up by rural artisans who come to sell their handmade ware. Besides shopping, there are a few cultural programs held at Delhi Haat. A must visit for any tourist to the country’s capital.
- Address – Dilli Haat, Kidwai Nagar West, Kidwai Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110023
- Timings – Open all days of the week from 11 AM to 10 PM
- What to buy – artifacts, handicrafts, pottery, paintings, fabrics and furniture.
- Price Range – the prices start from INR 500 to INR 2000 for antiques
5. Karol Bagh Market
A mix of branded stores and street stalls makeup the market at Karol Bagh. These shops sell a variety of products ranging from jewellery to clothes, spices, electronics and much more. There are a few restaurants too art Karol Bagh that are popular with shoppers, who often drop by for a light snack after they’ve done shopping.
Location: Central Delhi
Nearest Metro Station: Karol Bagh Delhi Metro Station
What to Buy: Electronic Appliances, Home Accessories, Jewellery etc.
Closed on: Monday
6. Palika Bazaar
Palika Bazaar is an underground air-conditioned bazaar in Connaught Place. This huge market has shops that sells electronic gadgets and mobiles at very good prices.
The market specialises in gaming consoles and video games. Delhi’s gamers always converge at the market to get the latest Playstation and Xbox games.
Location: New Delhi
Nearest Metro Station: Rajiv Chow Metro Station
What to Buy: Clothes, Electronic Gadgets, Artefacts etc.
Closed on: Sunday
7. Lajpat Nagar Market
The suburb of Lajpat Nagar is divided into four areas – Lajpat Nagar I, II and III which are located to the north of the Ring Road and Lajpat Nagar IV which is located to the south of the Ring Road. The neighbourhood consists of housing colonies and the famous Central Market. The market is pretty accessible within Delhi and is swarmed by locals and non-locals for daily necessities, clothing – especially for ready to wear and couture wedding apparel, electronics, and furnishings.
Location: South Delhi
Nearest Metro Station: Lajpat Nagar Delhi Metro Station
What to Buy: Artificial Jewellery, Ethic Clothes
Closed On: Mondays
8. Greater Kailash
One of the top-end street markets in Delhi, the two sections of Greater Kailash (M-Block and N-Block) offer trendy and designer bags, clutches, blouse, kurta, palazzos, tops, lehengas and salwar suits at great discount. Check out the stores dedicated to lifestyle goods, cosmetics, footwear, jewellery etc and then visit any roadside food stalls, restaurants, nightclubs and pubs.
Location: New Delhi
Nearest Metro Station: Greatest Kailash Metro Station
What to Buy: Jewellery Products, Cosmetics, Clothes etc.
Closed on: Tuesday